“Self-reliance is the freedom to think, doubt, dream, fail, search, experiment, experience and most importantly, be.”
About Tim /
Tim Hebert loves a good climb.
He appreciates the multiple points of perspective it provides, be it looking up, down or sideways. He delights in the lack of equilibrium caused by the weight of a backpack and incline juxtaposed with the freeness that comes in inching closer to the summit. He celebrates the unique obstacles it throws without warning—from harsh conditions to treacherous terrain. But, more importantly, he recognizes the leadership lessons derived along the way.
To Tim, every business hurdle and personal challenge mimics a climb, presenting both accomplishment and steep, seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Those challenges, Tim believes, are really just masquerading as untapped opportunities—the chance to do something different and better.
A perennial entrepreneur, innovator and adventurer, Tim sees the opportunity to affect change everywhere and is passionate about helping others do the same. A voracious author and seasoned speaker, he enjoys exploring concepts related to intentional leadership, business transformation and professional and personal introspection. A business owner for well over two decades—and the current CEO of Dirigo, a leadership consulting firm and CRO at Medicus IT—he believes effective leaders need to embrace the climb.
Tim’s journey, decisions and actions are guided by the following principles:
Inspiring Hearts and Minds
- Integrity: Makes the right choice even when no one is looking
- Excellence: Strives to be better by expecting more, challenging limits, dreaming large and caring deeply
- Equality: Dedicated to the proposition that we all are created equal
- Freedom: Committed to exploration, introspection, meaningful failure, experimentation and self-reliance
- Fairness: Treats other people’s children, parents, friends and family as if they are his own
- Karma: Believes you only get what you put into this world
Fast Facts /
- Tim is healthily obsessed with the spirit of entrepreneurship, having started informally and formally 20 businesses
- Today, Tim serves as CEO of Dirigo, a leadership consulting firm and CRO at Medicus IT
- Tim is an immersive traveler, having visited everything from Africa to Colombia to Peru to Iceland, committed to bringing global culture into his local workshops
- You will never find him drinking coffee, though Tim does subsist on about 8 diet Cokes a day
- Tim is a voracious reader; when time permits, he can get through 1 book a week
- In October of 2015, he summited Mt. Kilimanjaro; he has also hiked the Inca Trail in the
Peruvian Andes, completed the rim-to-rim crossing of the Grand Canyon; and logged hundreds of miles on the Appalachian Trail
- More than 2,000 individuals have graduated from Tim’s two-day Leadership Challenge Workshop
- He has studied yoga and mindfulness and holds a third-degree brown belt in Shaolin Kung Fu
- Favorite bands include: Depeche Mode, Joy Division and One-Eyed Doll
- Tim believes that everyone is a leader, and they have the responsibility to rise to the call of duty